In Memory of William and Florence Shaw
Death leaves a heartache no one can heal; Love leaves a memory no one can steal ~ Irish Tombstone
Welcome! I sincerely hope you will find someone of "interest" here. I have tried to be as accurate as possible but mistakes can and do happen. Should you notice an error, please send an email and it will be corrected. Some of my research has been taken from various sources, the internet included, and has not been verified, sources are available upon request. Feel free to use whatever data you find here, and I urge you to do your own research for verification. Let's all do our part to help eliminate the myriad of false information so readily copied and re-copied. And remember, what is recorded on various documents isn't always the truth!
This research is on-going, so please check back frequently to see what is new. DO NOT USE MY STORIES OR PHOTOGRAPHS WITHOUT MY CONSENT.
An enormous debt of gratitude is owed to the late Lila (Shaw) Campbell, who unselfishly shared the Shaw information she had - recipes included. A special thank you to Donna for all the photo's, to Suzanne Frantz, for her willingness to share her Hebner information, and to D. Cox for her wealth of Milsted/Cockett information, photo's, documents and stories!
To start, click on one of the following ancestors, search for a name in the surname index, or use the search engine below.
WARNING: The Schell Lines are suspect ~ more research is needed.
- William Hodgkinson United Empire Loyalist and Private in Butler's Rangers
- James Jones United Empire Loyalist, soldier in Butler's Rangers
- Nicholas Hübner Berczy Settler
- Marcus Schell Of Schell's Bush New York - Indian Captive in the War of Revolution
- Abraham Phoenix From New York State
- George Leitch From Tyrone County, Ireland
- Jefferson Johnston From England
- John Shaw From Isle of Mull, Argyll, Scotland
- James Marshall Milsted From England